The series in which celebrities come clean about their cinema-going habits. This week, Podge & Rodge tell all to (shoe-gazing indie fop) Alan Corr.
1. What was the last movie you saw and how would you rate it out of ten?
Podge : "It was a small screening in the Ballydung Parochial Hall. It was Titanic, only what happened was Squinty McCabe, the projectionist, put the last reel in backwards and lo and behold, didn't the boat come out of the water like some giant, processed demon."
Rodge : "Kate Winslet really batters my sausage. We'd give it a big 9 out of 10."
2. If you were to be stranded on a desert island with a VCR and three films, which titles would you choose?
Podge : "Last Tango in Paris, Nine and a Half Weeks, Basic Instinct."
Rodge : "Does this video player have a good freeze-frame?"
3. Who was your first movie star pin-up?
Podge : "Betty Grable."
Rodge : "Mr. Ed, the talking horse. He must have been in league with the Quare Fella!"
4. When was the last time you cried at the movies?
Rodge : "At Titanic, when the ship rose back to the surface. I wanted that baby to sink to the bottom!"
5. Name three actors who were in The Great Escape.
Podge : "Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon."
Rodge : "Richard Attenbourough, Steve McQueen, and yer man from The Rockford Files"
6. Who is the actor or actress who makes you want to throw your popcorn at the screen in disgust?
Podge : "Gloria Hunniford. You never get to see her boobs."
Rodge : "Kevin Costner. Yes, I saw The Postman"
7. What is the best movie ever made?
Podge : "Without a doubt, The Shining"
8. Who is the finest actor or actress in the world?
Podge : "Jimmy Stain, from the Ballydung Players. His one-man stage show of Ben Hur has to be seen to be believed."
9. If Hollywood were planning to make the movie of your life, who would you like to see in the starring role?
Podge : "Brendan Gleeson could be me."
Rodge : "Joe Pesci could play me."
10. And what would it be called?
Rodge : "Podge and Rodge - The Movie. What else, ya scuttering gobsheen!!"
Return to The Boys In Print